How to Easily Buy Monacoin (MONA) with Giropay on bitFlyer
Wondering how to buy Monacoin? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together this guide to point you in the right direction.
Monacoin was the first Japanese cryptocurrency and it’s still considered the country’s national cryptocurrency. It’s a hard fork of the Litecoin blockchain and is designed specifically to be used as digital cash. The cryptocurrency is named after Mona cat, a popular internet meme in its country of origin. This “cute” mascot and local nature give the coin a kind of cult status in Japan, where it’s one of the most popular cryptocurrencies. While it’s highly popular in Japan, it’s not featured on a lot of international exchanges because of its local nature. So if you’re interested in this Japanese specialty but live in Europe, you might be wondering where to buy Monacoin.
With bitFlyer, it’s easy: you can buy all of our cryptocurrencies, including Monacoin, by making a simple Giropay payment. We make other things easier too. You can easily keep up to date with Monacoin’s price using our price charts or compare how it’s trading to other cryptocurrencies. We offer a mobile app for trading on the go, and there are several payment methods available, for your convenience.
Advantages of Buying Monacoin with Giropay
The advantages of using Giropay to buy Monacoin are clear:
- If you’re a German citizen or have a German bank account, Giropay is easily accessible to you.
- Giropay is a well-established payment system, trusted by thousands of banks and millions of users. You’ll be able to get your Monacoin without concern for the security of your payment.
- It’s quick and easy. You don’t have to waste time on sign up, and transactions go through immediately, instead of taking days like bank transfers or wire transfers. The prices of MONA and other cryptocurrencies change fast, less waiting is a big benefit.
- Transactions are immediately withdrawn directly from your bank account. No pending payments mean no uncertainty about balances.
- With Giropay, you don’t pay on a third-party site, they take you directly to your bank’s site to confirm your payment, so you can be sure that your Monacoin transaction is secure.
Steps to Buying Monacoin (MONA) with Giropay on bitFlyer
- If you have created or logged in to your account, you can buy MONA.
- Click on Instant Buy.
- Select Monacoin.
- Enter the amount of Euros worth of Monacoin that you’d like to purchase.
- Select Giropay as your payment method.
- Click on Buy and the Monacoin is yours!
Other Methods to Buy Monacoin (MONA)
If Giropay isn’t your preferred payment method, or if it isn’t offered by your bank, we support a host of other safe and secure methods, including: Bank transfer, Credit card, Debit card, Sofort and iDeal.
With a SEPA bank transfer, you can stock up your account with the funds that you want to keep available for regular trades. Credit and debit cards, Giropay, Sofort and iDeal all offer the possibility to make immediate purchases anytime that you might need.
Don’t forget that it’s also possible to exchange the cryptocurrency that you already have for fiat and use that to buy other coins.