How to easily buy Litecoin (LTC) with Giropay on bitFlyer
Litecoin is one of the earliest and most popular cryptocurrencies. The programmer that developed and released the coin, Charles Lee, said that he designed it to be the “silver to Bitcoin’s gold.” While the goal of being second only to Bitcoin, the king of the market, hasn’t been achieved, Litecoin has by no means been a failure.
It is consistently ranked in the top five and top ten cryptocurrencies, holding ground with a stable market share of around 5% since its creation, even as other coins rise and fall in popularity. With a market cap hovering around $5B since early 2018, this cryptocurrency is no joke.
So, how can you get your hands on Litecoin? With bitFlyer, Litecoin can be bought with a simple Giropay payment. Read on to find out how.
Advantages of buying Litecoin (LTC) via Giropay
Giropay is a natural choice when it comes to buying Litecoin. It has been operating in Germany since 2006 and had already processed over 100 million euros in payments by mid-2007. The payment system has become nearly ubiquitous in Germany since then, with many German banks partnering with them to offer quick and reliable internet purchases.
Giropay offers several advantages over other ways of paying on the internet:
- You’ll be able to get your Litecoin with peace of mind. Giropay is safe and has the track record to prove it. The system processes millions of payments monthly and has facilitated billions of euros worth of transactions.
- With Giropay, there’s no waiting on bank transfers to be completed. When you’re buying and selling Litecoin, minutes can mean the difference between an advantageous position and a lost opportunity. Bank transfers often take a minimum of two days to be completed.
- Giropay acts as an intermediary between the seller and your bank, you don’t have to supply your credit or debit card number, which not everyone prefers.
- On bitFlyer, there are no hidden fees for buying with Giropay. The fees are small and we’re always upfront with what we charge.
Steps to Buying Litecoin (LTC) via Giropay on bitFlyer
First steps first, if you want to buy Litecoin or other cryptocurrencies on bitFlyer, you’ll need to create an account. bitFlyer is a financial institution licensed to operate in Europe, the US, and Japan, which (aside from making it maybe the best place to buy Litecoin) means that it’s regulated by government policies like KYC and CDD. That means that if you want to make large trades, you’ll need to verify your identity to prove that you are a real person without criminal intentions.
But if you just want to buy a small amount and get to trading quickly, you can start right away.
- Head to the Instant Buy section and select Litecoin.
- Select or enter the amount of Euros worth of Litecoin that you would like to buy.
- Select Giropay as your payment method.
- Process the payment and that’s it, the Litecoin is yours!
Other methods to buy Litecoin (LTC)
Catch a price spread that can’t be beat? If you don’t want to use Giropay, you can buy Litecoin instantly with a number of other payment options to keep trading simple and hassle-free.
We also accept: Credit and debit cards, Sofort and iDeal. bitFlyer also accepts SEPA transfers for a more comfortable approach. Send a transfer to your account so that you can have a reserve pool of funds permanently available to play with at any time.