Crypto is a long game. Some people feel it, some don't. Lisk's progress looks pretty solid and what’s more important, the Lisk price has nothing to do with it. Let’s check it out why it is so, what opportunities Lisk brings to you and how to buy Lisk in UK.
But first things first. We need to know more about Lisk and what makes it so special, right? So, let’s get started!
What is Lisk (LSK)?
Founded by Max Kordek and Oliver Beddows in early 2016, Lisk or Lisk Coin (LSK) is a blockchain application platform. Similar to Ethereum and NEO, Lisk aims to be a platform provider with a decentralized network, however, it differs in many ways. Note down key points:
- First of all, Lisk is not a digital currency that is accepted as payment like a Bitcoin or Ethereum, but it’s rather a developers’ currency using the platform. Indeed, Lisk is a platform coin aimed at serving the broader applications of blockchain technology, as opposed to Bitcoin, which is designed to be a digital currency.
- Unlike BTC using Proof of Work algorithm to verify transactions, Lisk uses the consensus algorithm, called DPoS (Delegated Proof-of-Stake), which lets any LSK holder vote for mainchain delegates responsible for securing the network. And thus, transactions take seconds, not hours.
- And finally, Lisk's ecosystem comes with an opportunity to benefit from blockchain technology through a number of developer tools, cryptocurrency wallets, and a rather vibrant community.
So, what is a Lisk coin? In a nutshell, it’s a currency for developers that focuses on user experience, developer support, and in-depth documentation and it has proven its ability to forge partnerships in the industry. Now that you know what Lisk is, let’s find out what you can do with it.
What to do with your Lisk?
There are lots of things you can do with your LSK in the United Kingdom. However, the main question when it comes to any cryptocurrency is whether to hold or to sell, right? In fact, there is no exact answer. One thing is certain though: asking whether you should invest in a particular cryptocurrency can only be answered after you’ve decided the cryptocurrency space is worthy of investment. Do your research and decide.
How to buy Lisk (LSK) with bitFlyer?
Important to know, if you live in the UK, you can buy Lisk (LSK) on our platform. It’s an easy, secure, and instant process.
Note: to get started, you need to create an account on our platform and verify it. Once done, here are your steps to follow:
- Check the current Lisk value.
- Choose the amount you want.
- Decide upon the best payment method for you. Luckily, in terms of payment options, our platform has what to offer, we will talk about them below.
- Make a corresponding deposit or use Instant Buy
- Use the simple “Buy/Sell” feature to buy and click the “BUY COIN” button.
- Wait till it is done.
Congrats, now you’ve bought your first Lisk (LSK)!
Payment methods: what’s on the list?
There are a number of payment options to choose from on our platform. You can instantly buy Lisk or any altcoin using a credit card or a debit card, a GB wire bank transfer as well as Sofort, iDeal, and GiroPay. So, what do you prefer?
There are a number of crypto exchanges available in the UK, and you might start wondering why bitFlyer, right? Here’s why our platform takes the crown among other UK crypto exchanges:
- Unlike the majority of UK exchanges that operate in a regulatory grey area, bitFlyer, a Tokyo-based cryptocurrency exchange, is fully licensed.
- It boasts the strictest security standards in the industry. Our platform is compliant with PSD2 and AMLD5 by having two-factor authentication and relevant KYC and AML controls and checks in place, as well as sophisticated cold-to-hot wallet storage management and the most secure operating systems.
- It’s easy to get started. Just some simple steps and you are done.
- It’s suitable for both newcomers and expert traders. Our “Buy/Sell” platform is probably best suited for new traders, and Lightning for veteran traders, thanks to its advanced trading tool.
- It supports different payment methods and gives you the possibility to trade different altcoins.
Lisk Wallet: Why do you actually need it?
Since LSK is a crypto coin, it doesn’t exist in any physical shape or form and you simply can’t store it anywhere physically. To keep it, you will need a special wallet. But if you sign up at bitFlyer, you can get a free Lisk wallet, so no need to worry about it!