How to Buy Ethereum With Sofort on bitFlyer
Buying cryptocurrency for the first time can be an intimidating process. Between encryption, hashes, and wallets, just figuring out where to start can be confusing. To make it worse, with Bitcoin dominating the conversation, it can be hard to find any information regarding the process of buying Ethereum, even though it’s the #2 cryptocurrency in terms of market capitalization.
Relax, you’ve come to the right place. Below, we’ll walk you through the process of buying Ethereum (ETH) quickly and easily using Sofort on our platform.
First, a few quick points about our platform:
- bitFlyer is licensed to operate in the EU, the US and Japan, and available to all individuals of legal age.
- The Sofort transaction fees are 0.9% of the transaction amount + a fixed charge of €0.25 per transaction.
- Please write down your credentials and store them in a safe place to protect your funds.
- To prevent unauthorized operations by a third party, your connection will timeout after a brief period of inactivity.
Here’s what you need to do to buy Ethereum with Sofort:
- Create a bitFlyer account, enter your email address and confirm it with the verification message that we will send you.
- Set up your password and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Important notice: To keep your account secure, we require strong passwords.
- Once you’ve created a strong password, we encourage you to upload your documents to prove your identity.
- It’s really fast and finished in a few simple steps. Once your identity is confirmed, you’ll be able to make large trades and withdraw your funds.
- Now go to the “Instant Buy” option, determine the needed amount of ETH and enter the corresponding amount in fiat.
- Choose SofortPay as your payment method and you will be redirected to SofortPay's secure page.
- Select your bank and log in with your account number and online banking PIN.
- Confirm your payment with a TAN.
- Once you have successfully completed these steps, Ethereum will be credited to your bitFlyer wallet. From there, you are free to transfer your tokens to an external wallet of your choice. Note that the withdrawal fee for Ethereum on our platform is 0.005 ETH.
Needless to say, Sofort has become a go-to payment method online and there are several reasons for that. Let’s dig in a bit.
Advantages of Buying Ethereum (ETH) With Sofort on bitFlyer
There are a number of advantages when it comes to using Sofort and bitFlyer. Let’s take a closer look at the main ones:
- Sofort makes it possible to authorize all bank transfers immediately. So, it’s really fast to perform any operations with Sofort.
- Sofort takes away the headache of constantly entering your credit card details. Simply put, your payments are authorized directly from your bank, using a secure connection.
- This payment solution is backed up with high-level safety protocols. Thus, you may count on advanced security.
- It’s fast and easy to buy Ethereum with Sofort on our platform using the Instant buy feature. A few clicks and you are done.
- bitFlyer is a widely-trusted company with millions of users.
- You can count on good customer support. Our support hours are from 09:00 to 18:00 (CET).
- We are committed to creating a safe environment for our customers. That’s why bitFlyer boasts advanced security, including encryption of our customer information database, storing our funds in an air-gapped cold wallet, automatic Timeout, and IP restriction.
Other Methods for Buying Ethereum (ETH)
Without a doubt, Sofort has become a go-to payment method online, but it’s not the only way to buy ETH on our crypto exchange. We also support iDeal, or GiroPay, two more instant payment options, as well as credit and debit cards. If you’d rather keep a stash of funds on your account that’s specifically devoted to trading, you can also send a SEPA transfer, although it could take a couple of days to go through.