How to Buy Ethereum Classic With Sofort on bitFlyer
With cryptocurrencies gaining a growing foothold in our financial systems, more and more people are becoming interested in the most popular digital assets, Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), and Ethereum Classic (ETC) to name a few.
If you’re new to the world of cryptocurrencies, you want to feel confident that you’re spending your money on a reliable, proven exchange. At bitFlyer, we’ve built that exchange. Because of our commitment to security and regulation, we are one of the most respected exchanges on the market, with a user base in the millions.
We’ve made this page to walk you through how to buy Ethereum classic with Sofort (often referred to as Sofort Überweisung), a respected and secure payment service provider and part of Klarna Group. But, before we get to the details, let’s look at why Sofort and bitFlyer are great options.
Advantages of Buying Ethereum Classic (ETC) With Sofort on bitFlyer
- First of all, our platform comes with a simple interface that makes buying and selling an easy process.
- Sofort is a secure, online payment method that uses a combination of transaction monitoring, transaction verification, and a dedicated anti-fraud team.
- In terms of speed, Sofort is a real leader. All its payments are authorized immediately and thus, all Sofort payments are instant.
- You don’t have to register or establish an account with Sofort. All you need to do is use your usual online banking details and the selected authentication procedure.
- Sofort is a real-time, bank transfer payment method, there are no hidden fees involved and you only pay for successful transactions. By default, the transaction costs are 0.9% of the transaction amount + a fixed charge of €0.25 per transaction.
- We pay a lot of attention to security features. We are GDPR compliant, and CSSF licensed. Our network is protected with high strength encryption technology and the majority of our assets are stored offline in a cold wallet.
- You can count on our support team to help you with any problems you may encounter.
Steps to buy Ethereum Classic (ETC) With Sofort
Let’s take a closer look at how to buy Ethereum classic. Once you’ve registered, the process of buying ETC with Sofort on our platform is quick and easy. If you haven’t registered yet, here’s what you need to do to make your first Ethereum Classic purchase:
- Enter your email address on our website to make a new bitFlyer account.
- Check your mailbox for our verification message and follow the link.
- Enter your personal information (required for KYC procedures) so that you can begin trading.
Registered users can buy ETC with the following steps:
- Check the current Ethereum Classic price and decide on the amount in Euros that you would like to purchase.
- Click Instant Buy and choose Ethereum Classic.
- Enter the Euro amount.
- Choose SofortPay and you will be redirected to SofortPay's secure page.
- Select your bank and log in with your account number and online banking PIN.
- Confirm your payment with a TAN (Transaction Authentication Number).
- Wait for the order to go through, your Ethereum Classic will automatically be added to your personal wallet. Note: If you want to transfer your crypto to an external wallet, notice that there is an Ethereum Classic (ETC) Withdrawal Fee of 0.005 ETC.
Other Methods to Buy Ethereum Classic (ETC)
Sofort isn’t the only Instant Buy option that we offer. You can also choose iDeal or Giropay, or pay with your debit or credit card if you prefer. We also offer users the possibility to stock their accounts with backup funds by sending a SEPA transfer. While bank transfers typically take a few days to complete, some users prefer the convenience of having a set reserve of money to play with at any given time.