How to buy Bitcoin (BTC) with a Credit Card or a Debit Card on bitFlyer
Buying bitcoins can be confusing, right? Not anymore! With bitFlyer, you can buy bitcoins instantly with a debit card or a credit card with literally just a few clicks. But before actually getting started, here are some crucial points to keep in mind:
- To buy BTC, you need a Bitcoin wallet; You need to store your newly bought bitcoins somewhere. It’s impossible to keep your BTC at the bank, for instance. No worries, on bitFlyer, we’ve got a secure Bitcoin wallet for all our new customers and store their assets after the purchase.
- If you want to buy BTC instantly, bitFlyer is a great option. It’s one of the best places to buy Bitcoin because it is a reliable platform that features a user-friendly interface and A-level security (SSL, multi-sig, 2FA). Plus, it keeps 80% of its Bitcoin funds in an offline digital wallet secured by physical locks and a 24-hour surveillance system. Moreover, unlike the majority of exchanges, which exist in a regulatory grey area, bitFlyer is fully licensed to operate in the EU, Japan, and the US.
- bitFlyer’s flat buy and sell fees have been ranked the lowest among global crypto exchanges. For our “Instant Buy” payments, there is a 1.95% transaction fee, but we don’t add anything else on top of it! No unpleasant surprises! And thus, for you, this means that you can now buy bitcoins instantly with a debit card or a credit card with low fees.
- Make sure to provide all the requested information and document to reach the "Trade Pro" status so that you can trade, deposit, and withdraw with no limits.
Steps to buying Bitcoin (BTC) with Credit Card or Debit Card on bitFlyer
Buying BTC on our platform with a credit or debit card is easy, fast and straightforward. All you need is to follow these steps if you want to buy bitcoin fast:
- Create an account on bitFlyer, or log in if you already have one.
- Check the current BTC price and think about the amount of bitcoin you want to get or the euro amount you are ready to invest.
- Go to the "instant buy" functionality/section of the platform,
- Select BTC and specify the amount wanted.
- Select Credit/Debit Card (both Visa and Mastercard are accepted) and then proceed to payment.
- Voila, you’re done!
* Note: Regardless of the method you choose, you need to make sure that the card belongs to you and that it matches your registered account data.
Here are some tips for you to consider:
- Once the newly bought BTC is visible on the account's balance, you are free to use your funds the way you like it. For instance, you can hold it, sell it (revert back to €), or pay for some goods/services at the place that accepts Bitcoins.
- BTC bought via instant buy is available to be traded on our "professional" platform, Lightning
- Remember that you need to verify your account if you want to withdraw your funds to third-party wallets.
Advantages of buying Bitcoin (BTC) with Credit Card or Debit Card
There are several benefits when it comes to buying bitcoins online with a credit card. Here are the top ones:
- It’s really easy to get yourself BTC with a credit/debit card. Indeed, it's just like buying anything else online on e-commerce websites. Using a card is quite comfortable for all of us, right?
- The delivery of bitcoins is instant once the initial verification process is done.
- It takes you literally minutes to buy crypto compared to the SEPA transfer, for example, that can take a bit of time from a bank to another.
- Instant payment via a credit card allows you to react quickly to the market, and make decisions rapidly.
Other methods for buying Bitcoin (BTC)
Our platform lets you buy bitcoin with a credit or debit card, but that is not the only possible payment option. Actually, bitFlyer also facilitates payments via bank transfer and payment systems like Sofort, iDeal, or GiroPay. No matter which payment option you choose, you may count on relatively low fees, reliable service, and advanced security.